Monday, November 17, 2008

A ramble ...


I'm pretty sure it will be a ramble. Seeing as how it's 2:10 a.m. and my mind is awhirl. Not stressing about anything, not anxious, worried, or any of those other things that might have me up ... just thinking. About how stinkin' funny it was last night when Mason tried to leave Alex's birthday party with his pockets loaded with little bitty toys from Alex's room - and his only response was, "Well I could have fit MORE!" About the blessings of kids in general. About how sad it is that our hurry-up world has left us with scheduling problems, timing issues, general "busyness" that get our priorities all screwed up and we don't even realize it. About how I choose to spend my time. About a daughter who is a better mother than ... well she blows me away. About keeping the Sabbath day, truly as a day of rest and reflection, and how nearly impossible that is to do in America in 2008. About giving without expecting anything in return. About Lexi sucking her thumb and picking her nose at the same time. About intentionally reaching outside of our comfort zone. About the proverb I found the other night that talks about things being out of balance as an "abomination" to God. About my son in China, wondering. About other family members and friends in crises and pain. About curly Callie toddling across the room, so darn proud of herself. About a precious husband who got me a new watch battery while I was gone this weekend. About the fact that I really should be sleeping ... but I think I'll head to my knees instead.

2 comments:

Anita J. said...

Great ramble. Can you reference that scripture for me? It will go nicely with some study I have been doing. I forgot about your son being on that race...I should add his blog to my reader.

Angie Clayton said...

Anita - it is Proverbs 11:1 - "A false balance is an abomination to the Lord, But a just weight is His delight." (NASB) In context it's talking specifically about doing business fairly, but it applies all over the place. I'm thinking of the priority order of God, then husband, then family, then home, then ministry, then other stuff ... and how easy it is to neglect the "highers" for the "lowers."

A link to Brandon's blog is on the right if you're interested - he's blacked out while he's in China, until around Thanksgiving, but after that they are required to blog at least once a week.