Saturday, November 15, 2008

Stoked!

What an incredible weekend. God dropped Charlene and I in the middle of Missouri, among a group of women who are truly connected and their hearts are knitted together in a way that just has to make God smile. We laughed, we cried, we taught, they soaked it up, they shared, we were hugely blessed ... I don't know what could have made it any better. Unless it was a little more heat in our bedroom ... yeah, a bit chilly. But heck, I never sleep the night before I speak anyway so it probably didn't make much difference. And I wasn't having hot flashes, so that's a bonus!

I haven't uploaded my pictures yet, but I will post a couple when I do - we played a very simplified version of bunko on Friday night that was hysterical! Then we had craft time ... do you know me? Am I crafty? Well this was the cutest little stinkin' snowman we were to make, that could have been either an ornament or a pin, just darling. Except for mine. He got two eyes, a nose, a mouth, and a brown scarf ... that was all I could manage. Seriously. Charlene's, on the other hand, had a multicolored and frayed-at-the-end scarf, buttons down the front of his tummy, dual-colored earmuffs ... you get the picture. You should also be getting the picture of why we complement each other so well when we teach together! :)

1 comment:

Anita J. said...

Cool! We are alike on the craft thing. I enlisted my neighbor for a mod podge lesson/session and requested that she force me to make decisions and do something.

I look forward to the pics. I will be glad to see you and Charlene, and I would love to see those snowmen side by side.